Royal College of Nursing Certificate of Midwifery
9 years experience in providing a high standard of Midwifery care in all departments, with up to date information and support to women and their families throughout pregnancy, labour and postnatal period.
Expertise demonstrated in supporting women physically and mentally through the efficient and effective use of material resources.
How I can Help
Pregnancy for most is a normal physiological episode and an amazing journey for both women and their partners and families. My role is to empower you to feel confident in your body’s natural abilities and support you to make informed choices.
You can ask me about:
- Community midwives schedule of care and what to expect at your visits
- Achieving normal birth and alternative therapies to managing labour
- Pregnancy related illnesses
- Birth plan: what is and isn’t achievable
- Pain management options
- Caesarian birth and recovery
- Post dates and induction of labour
- Any worries or concerns relating to pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period including blood and ultrasound reports.
- Postnatal exercises and managing perineal trauma
Areas of Expertise:
- Antenatal: Maternal handheld notes: helping you understand your maternity notes and results
- Antenatal and parent education to prepare you for labour and birth.
- Tailor made birth plans. Helping you understand your choices
- Labour coping mechanisms
- Postnatal care: Postnatal education, your baby’s weight gain/loss, Newborn bloodspot, Colic and infant feeding support.
- Smoking Cessation
- Alcohol Cessation
- Managing Physical Symptoms